Recipe by grandma2969
this dough is not sticky..easy to work with...I like to use this with my cookie stamps..
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350*.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds, add ginger, sugar and lemon juice.
- beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed during mixing.
- beat or stir in flour, then stir in lemon peel and sage.
- TO PREPARE MODLED COOKIES:.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, set aside.
- lightly oil ceramix or wooden cookie molds.wipe off excess oil with a paper towel.lightly coat a mold with flour, then tap mild to remove excess flour.
- evenly press dough into prepared mold.if necessary, trim off excess dough with a serrated knife.
- unmold dough onto a lightly floured surface by tapping mold gently on board until dough starts to release.
- using a metal spatula, transfer cookies to prepared sheet.flour the molds between each use, but do not oil them again.yield depends on size of mold used.
- STAMPED COOKIES:.
- shape dough into 1-1 1/2" balls.place balls 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.using a floured cookie stamp or the floured pattern bottom of a glass, flatten balls to 1/4" thickness.makes 36.
- bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- cool on cookie sheets on wire racks for 1 minute.transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.
- TO STORE:.
- place cookies in layers seperated by waxed paper in an airtight container, cover.store at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze undecorated cookies for up to 3 months.