Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend, Corrie, is an amazing cook, and this one comes from her kitchen. She made it on the grill when she served this (which was awesome!), but I had to adapt it to a stove top recipe. I also changed it ever so slightly to suit my tastes, and added a simple gravy to drizzle over the top. You could easily increase the lemon juice to 1 cup to make enough marinade for more servings.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 6 -8 sage leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken, lemon juice, sage, salt, pepper and garlic in a large resealable storage bag; marinate for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Carefully add chicken to the skillet with the butter (discard bag with marinade) and cook chicken 6 minutes on each side (longer depending on thickness of breasts), turning once.
- Remove to a platter and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the water, poultry seasoning and Mrs. Dash until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir mixture into pan drippings and continue to stir until thickened.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the chicken and ladle gravy over each serving.