1/2 Photos of Lemon & Sage Chicken
My friend, Corrie, is an amazing cook, and this one comes from her kitchen. She made it on the grill when she served this (which was awesome!), but I had to adapt it to a stove top recipe. I also changed it ever so slightly to suit my tastes, and added a simple gravy to drizzle over the top. You could easily increase the lemon juice to 1 cup to make enough marinade for more servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken, lemon juice, sage, salt, pepper and garlic in a large resealable storage bag; marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Carefully add chicken to the skillet with the butter (discard bag with marinade) and cook chicken 6 minutes on each side (longer depending on thickness of breasts), turning once.
- 4Remove to a platter and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk together the water, poultry seasoning and Mrs. Dash until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 6Stir mixture into pan drippings and continue to stir until thickened.
- 7Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Plate the chicken and ladle gravy over each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Sage Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 481.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: