Recipe by Barb G.
Serve this with some roasted or baked Potatoes and salad for a good meal. I found this recipe on another site. This recipe is easy to double.
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
Wonderful combination of flavors for a roasted chicken. We brined a whole, 7-lb chicken, and roasted it for about 1 hour, 15 minutes, and it was absolutely to die for (as was the chicken stock we made from the bones). Made the recipe exactly as directed, and it was absolutely superb. We'll make this often - thanks, Barb!
- 4 chicken breast halves, with skin
- 8 slices lemons, very thin, seeded
- 12 leaves fresh sage (can use rubbed sage)
- olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slide fingertips under chicken skin to loosen.
- Arrange 2 lemon slices and 3 sage leaves (or some rubbed sage) under skin on each breast.
- Smooth skin over to close.
- Place chicken in shallow baking pan.
- Brush with oil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon lemon juice over each breast.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup broth into pan around chicken.
- Roast chicken until brown and cooked through, basting once or twice with pan juices, About 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Place baking pan atop burner.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup broth.
- Using back of fork, mash the garlic on the baking pan into broth and pan juices.
- Boil over high heat until broth reduces almost to glaze, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.