Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
You can glaze these cookies or sprinkle powdered sugar on them just after they come out of the oven. If you're like me you can just eat them plain. You may want to mix the sugar and lemon zest together an hour before you're ready to make the cookies so the sugar can absorb the lemony goodness.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a mixing bowl beat butter until creamy. Beat in sugars and lemon zest until well combined. Beat in eggs until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and beat the flour mixture into cookie batter until well combined.
- Shape the dough into logs and wrap in wax paper; refrigerate for a couple of hours and then slice.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.