1/3 Photos of Lemon Rosemary Tea Cake
1 hr 15 mins
From Wendy Tumlin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Combine the flour,baking powder,salt,lemon zest and rosemary in a medium bowl; stir to blend.
- 4In a large bowl or electric mixer, beat the oil and sugar until well-blended; add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is pale yellow.
- 5Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring to blend, also adding the buttermilk gradually until all cake ingredients are well-blended.
- 6Spread mixture in the prepared pan.
- 7Bake until bread is golden and sides begin to pull away from the pan, approximately 50-55 minutes.
- 8To make the glaze: in a medium bowl,stir the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread on the warm loaf.
- 9Once the bread is thoroughly cooled, use a knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the pan and turn out.
- 10Serve in slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rosemary Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 183.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g