From Wendy Tumlin.
Make and share this Lemon Rosemary Tea Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour,baking powder,salt,lemon zest and rosemary in a medium bowl; stir to blend.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, beat the oil and sugar until well-blended; add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is pale yellow.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring to blend, also adding the buttermilk gradually until all cake ingredients are well-blended.
- Spread mixture in the prepared pan.
- Bake until bread is golden and sides begin to pull away from the pan, approximately 50-55 minutes.
- To make the glaze: in a medium bowl,stir the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread on the warm loaf.
- Once the bread is thoroughly cooled, use a knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the pan and turn out.
- Serve in slices.