Recipe by Lieutenant Ducky
this sorbet is so easy to make and a great treat for a hot summer day! The vodka (or any other type of alcohol) is the secret to a soft sorbet. Alcohol itself does not freeze and adding a little bit keeps the sorbet from doing the same. Vodka is excellent to use because it doesn't affect the taste. You have got to try it!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Stir until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add rosemary, cover, and let stand approximately 10 minutes or until cool.
- Place a fine strainer over a large bowl and pour syrup mixture through (straining out the rosemary leaves). Add lemon juice and vodka to the strained syrup mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into container, cover, and place mixture in the freezer. When it is semi-solid, mash it up with a fork and refreeze again. When frozen, place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refreeze until serving time.
- NOTE: Can be prepared 3 days in advance. Cover and keep frozen.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.