Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this sorbet is so easy to make and a great treat for a hot summer day! The vodka (or any other type of alcohol) is the secret to a soft sorbet. Alcohol itself does not freeze and adding a little bit keeps the sorbet from doing the same. Vodka is excellent to use because it doesn't affect the taste. You have got to try it!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Stir until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add rosemary, cover, and let stand approximately 10 minutes or until cool.
- Place a fine strainer over a large bowl and pour syrup mixture through (straining out the rosemary leaves). Add lemon juice and vodka to the strained syrup mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into container, cover, and place mixture in the freezer. When it is semi-solid, mash it up with a fork and refreeze again. When frozen, place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refreeze until serving time.
- NOTE: Can be prepared 3 days in advance. Cover and keep frozen.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Easy to make however not worth the effort. The flavors did not work together and my many testers were in agreement that this recipe requires ALOT of tweaking to be passable.