Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful to use as a rub or to sprinkle over fish or chicken as it comes off the grill (or to sprinkle on most anything). It will keep up to 3 months if stored in an airtight container.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 236.59 ml coarse salt
- 2 lemons, zest of, minced
- 14.79 ml rosemary, fresh, minced
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- Place everything except the whole garlic clove into food processor and pulse until the salt is slightly ground and the ingredients combined.
- Pour the salt mixture into a jar and push the whole garlic clove down into the salt; cover the jar.
I love this stuff on EVERYTHING. Sometimes when I'm sad, I'll open the lid and give it a sniff and instantly I perk up.
Made some today, it smells amazing.
I will come back and rate this properly once it has had a chance to "mature"a little and when I have used it in my next suitable recipes. First impressions are that the smell is wonderful and that this should be a winner. I used rock salt, and put a little into the processor with the garlic, rosemary and lemon so that it was made into a fine blend and added more of the bigger salt lumps later before putting it, with it's inserted garlic into small jars. Thanks !