Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
These cookies have a different but lovely flavour and are not overly sweet.
Make and share this Lemon-Rosemary Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1.23 ml lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, sift flour with baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in the honey and lemon extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat until uniform.
- Incorporate lemon zest, rosemary, and oats.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold flour mixture into the butter & sugar preparation until fully blended. If using, fold in nuts.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drop onto cookie sheets the equivalent of 2 tablespoons, 1 inch apart. Flatten lightly.
- Bake 6 minutes on top rack.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and drop twice on a flat surface (to remove air in cookies). Return to oven another 5 or 6 minutes until golden.
- Wait 5 minutes before removing cookies from pan. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.