Geniale Genie's Note:
These cookies have a different but lovely flavour and are not overly sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1In a small bowl, sift flour with baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- 2Using a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Mix in the honey and lemon extract.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat until uniform.
- 5Incorporate lemon zest, rosemary, and oats.
- 6Using a wooden spoon, fold flour mixture into the butter & sugar preparation until fully blended. If using, fold in nuts.
- 7Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 8Drop onto cookie sheets the equivalent of 2 tablespoons, 1 inch apart. Flatten lightly.
- 9Bake 6 minutes on top rack.
- 10Remove cookie sheet from oven and drop twice on a flat surface (to remove air in cookies). Return to oven another 5 or 6 minutes until golden.
- 11Wait 5 minutes before removing cookies from pan. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Rosemary Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g