Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies have a different but lovely flavour and are not overly sweet.
Make and share this Lemon-Rosemary Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, sift flour with baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in the honey and lemon extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat until uniform.
- Incorporate lemon zest, rosemary, and oats.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold flour mixture into the butter & sugar preparation until fully blended. If using, fold in nuts.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drop onto cookie sheets the equivalent of 2 tablespoons, 1 inch apart. Flatten lightly.
- Bake 6 minutes on top rack.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and drop twice on a flat surface (to remove air in cookies). Return to oven another 5 or 6 minutes until golden.
- Wait 5 minutes before removing cookies from pan. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.