Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
What a fun combination! These scrumptious muffins are moist and sweet with a hint of tart lemon and aromatic rosemary.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup white coarse sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 400°F Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl; stir in remaining ingredients except sugar crystals just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among cups; sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- . Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Yummm! These were exactly what I was looking for! Easy, quick and have a really nice flavor. Served these last night with a salmon dish and it complimented it really well. The only problem is, these aren't near as moist the next day (eating one this morning :-)) So, unless you nuke them and add butter, they are only good for the day they are baked. I will definitely make them again...I will just halve the recipe for our small family. Thanks...love these!
These were amazing. I am very rarely impressed by my own baking and these blew me away. I forgave myself for using Bisquick because no one even suspected! they taste down home and home made and AMAZING. I made them ahead of time for dinner, then left them in the pan to cool and stuck them in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes before dinner to warm them up. I skipped the sugar crystals, in my opinion they aren't needed. The tops get lovely and baked and the insides are soft and crumbly..DIVINE!
Great taste. I used fresh rosemary and skipped the sugar crystals (couldn't find them). The recipe yielded 8-9 muffins the two times I tried it. Thanks.