Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Beautiful gifts! Stolen from the O'Connor Gaffney Ranch kitchen. Thanks, Louise.
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large shallots, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- In a 1 quart glass jar with tight fitting lid, combine the sliced lemon, the juice, shallots, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- In a saucepan of boiling water blanch the olives for 1 minute; drain well and add to jar while still warm.
- Add enough oil to the jar to just cover the olives.
- Seal the jar and shake to distribute the ingredients.
- Let stand in a cool dark place, shaking daily for 3 days.
- The olives will keep indefinitely, covered and chilled.