Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is one of the staples in our diet---it is quick, delicious and a perfect compliment to chicken, fish or even red meats
- 1 box of plain near east couscous
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh rosemary, left on the stem
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- bring the garlic, chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary and shallot to a gentle boil.
- allow to gently boil uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- add couscous, cover and turn heat off.
- allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- remove rosemary stems and any remaining large pieces of garlic (if desired.) fluff with a fork and serve.
Thanks for this recipe it was very easy and really made our couscous more interesting. We served with Salmon.
We love couscous so this was one I needed to try....wonderful! I followed the recipe exactly and served it with Recipe#87025#87025 and a green salad. Thank you. Made for the French Forum -- Rosemary.
Quick, easy, and very tasty. A great side with fish, made with ingredients I always keep on hand. Thanks for sharing the recipe!