Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another good roast chicken recipe that I use alot for family gatherings.
Make and share this Lemon Rosemary Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 1⁄2-7 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- In a big bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; whisk to mix well.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a big roasting pan.
- Rub half of the herb mixture evenly over the whole chicken, inside and out.
- Put the vegetables and potatoes in the bowl with the remaining herb mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Put the vegetables around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours; baste chicken and veggies occasionally with pan juices.
- Take off the foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear and skin is golden.
- Note: if your chicken is smaller or larger than 6 1/2-7 pounds, adjust cooking time.