2 hrs 20 mins
Another good roast chicken recipe that I use alot for family gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 1/2-7 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1In a big bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; whisk to mix well.
- 2Place the chicken on a rack in a big roasting pan.
- 3Rub half of the herb mixture evenly over the whole chicken, inside and out.
- 4Put the vegetables and potatoes in the bowl with the remaining herb mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 5Put the vegetables around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- 6Cover tightly with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours; baste chicken and veggies occasionally with pan juices.
- 7Take off the foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear and skin is golden.
- 8Note: if your chicken is smaller or larger than 6 1/2-7 pounds, adjust cooking time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1091.5
- Calories from Fat 626
- Total Fat 69.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 1076.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 62.2 g