Recipe by ellie_
I came across this recipe and thought it was a delicious way to use fresh rosemary. Recipe source: Natural Home and Garden (May 2005) from Desserts from an Herb Garden
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, minced (or lemon veranca)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine first five ingredients (flour - lemon zest) and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl and using electric beaters beat eggs and sugar together until thick. Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixture using low speed on mixer. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl with clean beaters beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until done (top of cake springs back when pressed). Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To prepare glaze, whisk together glaze ingredients (sugar - lemon juice).
- Place cake on serving dish and drizzle glaze over cooled cake.