Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The bright burst of lemon in these breakfast or coffee rolls is delightful. It's a lot like Monkey Bread, and I expect refrigerated crescent rolls would be a good, fast alternative for the bread dough (without the rising times).
- Thaw bread dough for two hours at room temperature or twelve hours overnight in refrigerator.
- Cut dough into 12 equal portions.
- Coat a 9 inch cake or bundt pan with melted butter; place remaining butter in a small bowl; dip each piece of dough into melted butter and place in bottom of pan; pour any leftover melted butter over top; Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tblsps of the sugar, cream cheese, Grand Marnier, and egg; beat until well blended; pour mixture over rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar and lemon zest; sprinkle over rolls; cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 350F; bake until done, about 25 minutes; allow to cool 15 minutes before glazing.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and fresh lemon juice; drizzle over rolls.
This was a really nice breakfast treat. The next day we just zapped it in the microwave and it was still good!