1/1 Photo of Lemon Rolls
The bright burst of lemon in these breakfast or coffee rolls is delightful. It's a lot like Monkey Bread, and I expect refrigerated crescent rolls would be a good, fast alternative for the bread dough (without the rising times).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier or 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1Thaw bread dough for two hours at room temperature or twelve hours overnight in refrigerator.
- 2Cut dough into 12 equal portions.
- 3Coat a 9 inch cake or bundt pan with melted butter; place remaining butter in a small bowl; dip each piece of dough into melted butter and place in bottom of pan; pour any leftover melted butter over top; Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- 4In a bowl, combine 2 tblsps of the sugar, cream cheese, Grand Marnier, and egg; beat until well blended; pour mixture over rolls.
- 5In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar and lemon zest; sprinkle over rolls; cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- 6Preheat oven to 350F; bake until done, about 25 minutes; allow to cool 15 minutes before glazing.
- 7In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and fresh lemon juice; drizzle over rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough