Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy whole chicken recipe with a mild lemon flavor.
Make and share this Lemon Roasted Slow Cooker Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Remove and discard any excess fat from chicken.
- Place onion in cavity and rub skin with butter.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and squeeze lemon juice over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon peel, salt, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.