Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Serve with your favorite Steamed Greens or Roasted Veggies. From Celia Brooks Brown's New Vegetarian Cookbook.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful flavor. The potato was moist inside and crisp outside. However I apologize I modified the recipe I used no olive oil, boiled the potatoes for 5 minutes. added the lemon juice and zest over them in an oven proof pan - Then sprayed them lightly with Mazola oil and they were perfect after 30 minutes in 375 oven. I only got one photo of one potato . Hope you don't mind Philocrates They will be made over & over again
- 2 lbs baby new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, SEE NOTE
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: You are going to use the zest from both lemons and the juice from one of the lemons. Got it?.
- Cook the potatoes in boilding salted water for 5 minutes. Drain then transfer to roasting pan.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sugar, salt, pepper in bowl and pour over potatoes. Toss to coat well.
- Roast in preheated oven at 375F for 20-30 minutes Turning and basting frequently with pan juices until golden and tender.