Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with your favorite Steamed Greens or Roasted Veggies. From Celia Brooks Brown's New Vegetarian Cookbook.
- 2 lbs baby new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, SEE NOTE
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- NOTE: You are going to use the zest from both lemons and the juice from one of the lemons. Got it?.
- Cook the potatoes in boilding salted water for 5 minutes. Drain then transfer to roasting pan.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sugar, salt, pepper in bowl and pour over potatoes. Toss to coat well.
- Roast in preheated oven at 375F for 20-30 minutes Turning and basting frequently with pan juices until golden and tender.
Wonderful flavor. The potato was moist inside and crisp outside. However I apologize I modified the recipe I used no olive oil, boiled the potatoes for 5 minutes. added the lemon juice and zest over them in an oven proof pan - Then sprayed them lightly with Mazola oil and they were perfect after 30 minutes in 375 oven. I only got one photo of one potato . Hope you don't mind Philocrates They will be made over & over again