Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs With Chanterelles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chanterelle mushrooms
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup diced pancetta
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut in wedges through the root
- 4 golden potatoes or 4 new potatoes, cut in large chunks
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Mix together lemon zest and juice, shallot, wine and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Place chicken thighs in a shallow dish and pour lemon juice mixture over them. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until they start to release their juices, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add pancetta to mushroom pan and brown over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Set aside with mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Strain the liquid from the chicken, reserving the shallots and lemon zest and discarding the liquid. Place chicken, shallots, lemon zest, onion, potatoes, thyme, mushrooms and pancetta in a roasting pan. Stir lightly to combine ingredients.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Cover and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, basting occasionally, until juices run clear when a piece of chicken is pierced with a knife. Serve immediately.
This dish was so rich and luxurious and delicious! My French friend went mushroom picking and gave me a big bowl of chanterelles and this was the perfect dish for them. I made it a little easier by skipping the sauteing of the mushrooms and pancetta ahead of time. I just sprinkled them on top of the chicken. I also did not drain the marinade from the chicken. I let everything cook in it to make a wonderful sauce. I picked the leftover chicken from the bone and used it with the leftover sauce, mushrooms and pancetta over pasta the next day for lunch. So good!