Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a very simple roasted chicken dish. Roast chicken is always a family favourite. Contains no flours so it is gluten free. The lemon flavour infuses as the chicken roasts and keeps the chicken beautifully moist. Can use 1 large chicken, as suggested, or use 2 smaller chickens. Photo of two smaller chickens totalling just over 2 kilos (1 lemon to stuff each chicken). Adjust cooking time if using different sized chickens
- 1 2⁄3 kg roasting chickens, use a whole 1 . 7kg raw chicken
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the lemon halves into the chicken cavity and secure the legs with kitchen string.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a wire rack in a roasting dish and cook for 65 minutes or until cooked thru and golden skinned. Stand 10 minutes after removing from the oven before serving.
- The lemon juice may run from the chicken- so either remove the lemons first or use a carving dish with a lip to catch the juice.