Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of my mom's recipes. I'm not big on beets (unless they are pickled!), but I'll eat them like this.
- 6 medium beets (sliced, chopped, however you prefer)
- 5 carrots (you can also cut these however you prefer)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss everything in an 8x8 baking dish, and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes shaking or stirring it occaassionally.
I cut this recipe in half, & although my other half isn't big on beets, between the 2 of us we mamaged to devour a great tasting veggie dish! I reallay liked the combo of beet, carrot & garlic, with the lemon really making it great! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]