Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posting for ZWT6 (Greece)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into quarters lengthwise
- Place into a large, deep ovenproof baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Squeeze the lemons and remove the zest from 1 or 2, crush the garlic and chop the oregano.
- Season the potatoes well and scatter with the oregano and lemon zest
- Bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Can also be placed under a very hot broiler for a few minutes to brown.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
These are great - love the lemon flavor! I checked at 30 minutes, and ended up keeping them in for the full 40, and they came out golden crisp. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
A nice wedge fry that was quick and easy. The recipe cut down to serve two very nicely. Used small russet and baked the full 40 minutes and they were just right. Thanks for the post.
I really loved the flavor outcome. I used russets and found that they were getting to dark while while still quite hard. I covered the dish with foil, lowered the oven temp to 350 and gave them 30 mins like that (they had already been for about 15). I used very thin slices of the whole lemon in place of the zest and they were yummy.