1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A beautifully fragrant roast chicken served on a bed of pistachio pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 free-range chicken (approx 1.8kg)
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 sprig fresh rosemary (or 1/2tsp dried)
- 1Chicken: Mix lemon juice and oil, salt and pepper.
- 2Rub mixture over chicken and in cavity.
- 3Put squeezed out lemon halves in chicken cavity and sprigs of rosemary (or dried).
- 4Roast breast side down in oven at 200oC until almost cooked.
- 5Turn over and allow to finish breast side up.
- 6Let chicken rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- 7Pilaf: Wash rice and drain.
- 8In a frying pan over low/medium heat cook the onion in oil and butter for five minutes.
- 9Add the rice, stirring with a metal spoon and allow to brown a little.
- 10Turn down the heat and add hot stock, cloves and cinnamon.
- 11Stir in well, cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 12When rice is cooked add chopped pistachios and whole currents.
- 13Serve chicken on rice with lemony pan juices from the chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Roast Chicken with Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (1870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3447.8
- Calories from Fat 1548
- Total Fat 172.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.7 g
- Cholesterol 700.0 mg
- Sodium 2244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 259.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 206.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: