Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is so perfectly simple, and the flavours are amazing!
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups dried seasoned stuffing mix
- 60 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Place the whole lemon into the chicken cavity.
- Combine olive oil, salt, garlic, basil, and oregano. Rub the oil into the chicken.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine stuffing mix, butter, eggs, and water. Leave sitting for 2 minutes.
- Roll into 12 balls, and add to roasting dish for the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
I usually stick to chicken breasts, but this recipe intrigued me, so decided to do the whole thing as indicated, & we sat down to a VERY TASTY chicken dinner! I liked the way the round servings of stuffing was presented! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]