A simple and delicious light Italian meal, perfect for the summertime! Round out the meal with a garden salad, if you like, and enjoy the risotto with some freshly baked Italian bread real butter and good cheese (such as Port de Salut). Buon appetito! Follow with a nice glass of Limoncello for a lovely after-dinner digestif. Note: This is a one-dish meal if you use cooked shrimp. Makes 4 servings. Adapted from "This Italian Life".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice (or other short-grain white rice)
- 4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vegetable stock base (or instant bouillon granules)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, and lemon zest and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- 2Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Now stir in the water, white wine, lemon juice, bouillon and black pepper. Cover, and cook gently over low heat for 30-35 minutes, or until rice is done.
- 3Off the heat and stir in the cheese; set aside and keep warm.
- 4Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes or until pink. Do not overcook.
- 5Serve shrimp over risotto, sprinkled with Gremolata.
- 6For Gremolata:.
- 7Combine 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Risotto With Sauteed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 469.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock base