Recipe by ~Leslie~
This risotto can be paired with the grilled shrimp or any other seafood or fish. It is also great by itself or as a side dish with grilled lamb or chicken. The recipe can be halved. From Food and Drink.
Top Review by Satyne
I quite liked this dish but my partner found it was too citrusy even after I halved the juice and omitted the zest. Could just be personal taste. I didn't measure my herbs, just grabbed fresh handfuls from the garden, I was happy with that aspect. For the prawns, I don't know what broiling is, so I put them in a small frypan, with the salt and the oil and then covered them in the remainder of the broth (I may have used too much by mistake, however the rice just would not absorb any more) then I just cooked them until they just turned pink. Thanks for a nice dinner.
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml risotto rice (vialone, arborio or carnaroli)
- 118.29 ml vermouth or 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 12 large tiger shrimp, in the shell split down the centre
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 158.51 ml shredded fresh basil leaf
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- In another saucepan, heat half the oil and all the butter. Add the shallots and cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the vermouth and stir until absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock, keep stirring the simmering rice until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Now add another ladleful of stock and continue cooking, adding more stock only when the previous liquid has been completely absorbed.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, the rice will be creamy and cooked but still slightly al dente. Preheat the broiler and place the shrimp on a baking sheet, shell-side down. Season them with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Broil the shrimp just until they turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the herbs, zest and juice (you should have about 2/3 cup (150 mL) into the rice. Season with salt and pepper, then divide the risotto between 6 plates and top with the cooked shrimp.