1/3 Photos of Lemon Risotto With Grilled Tiger Shrimp
This risotto can be paired with the grilled shrimp or any other seafood or fish. It is also great by itself or as a side dish with grilled lamb or chicken. The recipe can be halved. From Food and Drink.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups risotto rice (vialone, arborio or carnaroli)
- 1/2 cup vermouth or 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 large tiger shrimp, in the shell split down the centre
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1Pour the stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- 2In another saucepan, heat half the oil and all the butter. Add the shallots and cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the vermouth and stir until absorbed by the rice.
- 3Add a ladleful of hot stock, keep stirring the simmering rice until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Now add another ladleful of stock and continue cooking, adding more stock only when the previous liquid has been completely absorbed.
- 4After 15 to 20 minutes, the rice will be creamy and cooked but still slightly al dente. Preheat the broiler and place the shrimp on a baking sheet, shell-side down. Season them with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Broil the shrimp just until they turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Stir the herbs, zest and juice (you should have about 2/3 cup (150 mL) into the rice. Season with salt and pepper, then divide the risotto between 6 plates and top with the cooked shrimp.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Risotto With Grilled Tiger Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: