1/3 Photos of Lemon Risotto With Bacon & Mushroom
Catherine Robson's Note:
I love this recipe. Best of all I don't have to battle with the kids to get them to eat their dinner...they love it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot combine lemon juice and stock and bring to a simmer.
- 2Keep covered with a lid so it does not evaporate all away.
- 3Lightly spray olive oil in another large heavy based pot.
- 4Add the onion and bacon and cook over a medium heat until onion is softened.
- 5Add arborio rice and cook over medium heat until rice warms for about 5 minutes (don't allow to brown).
- 6Add 1 cup of the hot lemon stock to the rice, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- 7Once the stock has absorbed, add the mushrooms and another cup of hot stock.
- 8Stir well and wait until the stock has been absorbed before adding another cup of the hot stock.
- 9Repeat the above step until all the stock has been absorbed (adjust consistency with more/less water or stock if required).
- 10Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- 11Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Risotto With Bacon & Mushroom
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 769.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: