I love this recipe. Best of all I don't have to battle with the kids to get them to eat their dinner...they love it too.
- In a small pot combine lemon juice and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Keep covered with a lid so it does not evaporate all away.
- Lightly spray olive oil in another large heavy based pot.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook over a medium heat until onion is softened.
- Add arborio rice and cook over medium heat until rice warms for about 5 minutes (don't allow to brown).
- Add 1 cup of the hot lemon stock to the rice, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Once the stock has absorbed, add the mushrooms and another cup of hot stock.
- Stir well and wait until the stock has been absorbed before adding another cup of the hot stock.
- Repeat the above step until all the stock has been absorbed (adjust consistency with more/less water or stock if required).
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious risotto! Very filling with great flavor and texture. I like the combination of mushrooms and bacon and they went well with this dish. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
I love risotto, I think its my favourite 'no stress' meal, so this was a real pleasure to make for PAC Spring 2008. I loved the lemony flavour, and found this a wonderful marriage of lemon, bacon and mushroom. I used vegetable stock, and added some garlic to the onion... force of habit, it doesn't need it. Thank you, Catherine, a lovely supper that I will make again.
Very good. We used vegetable stock, and the juice of two lemons (slightly under the volume indicated), and a tsp of olive oil for frying, and double the quantity of mushrooms -- and it was lovely (although a little too lemony for some in the family; I suspect our lemons are a little on the sharp side at the moment). Next time, I think I would cut the lemon juice down to one lemon, but this recipe makes a delicious, refreshing, satisfying yet light risotto - very tasty, and definitely one we will make again. Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.