Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- diagonally cut asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and rind; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in wine, and cook 3 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 1/2 cups broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes). Stir in asparagus.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and juice. Sprinkle with thyme.
Love it! I added more liquid than recipe, but the cook time was exact! This will be my go to Risotto.