1/1 Photo of Lemon Risotto
Lemony, but not over-powering. In my opinion, the perfect accompaniment to simply-prepared grilled fish, especially salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Bring the broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- 2Melt 1 1/2 TBS butter with the olive oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium heat.
- 3Add shallots to this and saute until tender, (3-5 minutes).
- 4Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups hot broth, and simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 7Ladle in the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more, and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender.
- 8You will use all the broth, and the key is to do this simmering slowly; it will take about 35-40 minutes.
- 9When all the broth has been absorbed, stir in the cheese and remaining 2 TBS butter.
- 10Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, and zest.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 1068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g