Recipe by Norahs Girl
One of my favourite rice dishes. Lovely with seafood.
Top Review by Zetty66
This was good, but a little too strong on the lemon flavor for my family. That may be because I used a fresh lemon from a friend's tree (I think fresh citrus has more juice that that pruchased at the store). Will try it again with less lemon.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 ounces arborio rice
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, cover, and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the onion over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- (If you mean translucent- it's 7 minutes.) Add the rice to the onion mixture and sauté, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add 1 cup of the hot stock and stir frequently until absorbed.
- Continue adding 1 cup of stock at a time, stirring, and waiting for it to be absorbed before adding the next measure.
- This will take 25-30 minutes .
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/3 of the Parmesan, the white wine, lemon juice and zest, mint, and the remaining tablespoon of both butter and oil.
- Cover and allow to stand for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve.