1 hr 5 mins
I love the texture of this cake. The major contributors are the use of cake flour (versus ap flour) and of course the ricotta cheese! Lemon is what gets me going but orange works well with this too. Try it with some strawberries as you would strawberry shortcake. Its too yummy to pass up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Whip together butter and ricotta cheese. This recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups. I use an entire 15 oz container.
- 3Add sugar and blend.
- 4Beat in one egg at a time until combined.
- 5Contine adding extract, zest, and juice. You may scale back the amount of zest. I love the flavor punch, so I use the zest of two lemons.
- 6In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- 7Combine wet with dry turning mixture into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- 8Bake about 50 minutes. Because of the ricotta cake may have a slight wiggle.
- 9If you wish, stem and slice strawberries. Add a few tablespoons of sugar and the juice of the remaining lemon. This is a great topping for the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.4
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 739.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: