Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted with my friend Baby Kato in mind. Times given are a guess.
Make and share this Lemon Ricotta Pancakes With Warm Blueberry Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup prepared lemon curd (from 10-to-12 ounce jar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, preferably whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, preferably whole
- confectioners' sugar
- For the blueberry compote, in a saute pan, combine the blueberries, cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, water, lemon curd, orange juice, and a pinch of salt. Gently cook over medium heat until the blueberries are tender but not broken down, and the mixture simmers and thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the pancakes, in a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in lemon zest. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks and the cheese. Fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter.
- To complete the recipe, heat a buttered nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat or to 350ºF (water drops on the skillet should skitter or sizzle when hot). For each pancake, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles form on top. Turn and cook until the bottom is golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- To serve, stack three pancakes on each plate with a dollop of the remaining prepared lemon curd between pancakes. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and pour compote over the pancakes.
Great recipe! The whole family enjoyed! Also found this on www.midwestliving.com.
Made these pancakes this weekend for the family. These pancakes were light and fluffy with a hint of lemon in the background. I'm a lemon lover, so these pancakes hit the spot. My 11 year old loves blueberries so she was mighty happy too! I'll definitely make these again, especially when blueberries are in season. These are definitely a 'go-to' for a special occasion breakfast. Seeing that Valentine's Day is coming up, make it for your lovey!! Thank you Annacia! Made it for "Going to Market 2012-2013 Tag Game".