Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love pancakes and these are extra special. Serve with jam or maple syrup.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients, then mix well.
- Use about ¼ cup batter for each pancake and cook on a hot, oiled griddle or in a skillet.
- Flip when bubbles start to form on the top and cook on second side until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
These were a great change. Loved the flavor of the Ricotta and the hint of lemon. Topped with hot apples, were wonderful! Easy, quick and delightful!
While these tasted good, I think they are a bit of an acquired taste. I didn't care as much for the cheesey taste as I had thought I would. The light hint of lemon flavor is very nice though and the pancakes were very easy to prepare. The other members of my family unfortunately didn't care for these at all.
I made these with cottage cheese to lighten them up a little, and they were very good, but could have been a bit sweeter or a bit more lemony...good with maple syrup or powdered sugar or jam.