Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this in todays Boston Globe - they are served at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston, MA. They sound incredible!
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, ricotta cheese and butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt and lemon rind. Stir the flour mixture into the ricotta mixture just until blended - batter will be thick.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the whites into the batter - don't over mix.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour batter onto the hot pan to form 4-inch rounds. Cook until the bottoms are golden. Turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with fresh berries and a dusting of confectioners sugar.