Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Short of ideas for a novel, savory brunch? These babies comfort to the soul.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (4 ounce) cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- butter (for the griddle)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork until blended, do not overmix!
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease griddle with butter.
- As soon as the butter is melted, pour pancake batter onto griddle.
- Cook until batter begins to bubble or pancakes are golden.
- Flip and finish the other side.
- Serve pancakes warm with pure maple syrup.
Very yummy pancakes!! I beat the egg whites separately to get fluffier pancakes .. I got 2-3 servings out of the complete recipe ..
These are the yummiest pancakes! I was crossing my fingers not to ruin this dish since ricotta cheese is quite expensive. The pancakes turned out wonderful! Very rich and comfy. Oh, and these are definetely not enough for four; I think I can finish the whole platter by myself ;P
Wow, these are good! Very intense lemon flavour. Two of us polished them off, but they were our entire brunch. I liked them with maple syrup but Karl thought blueberry sauce would send them into orbit...I agree! Next time, blueberry sauce!