Recipe by Blue Jasper
Soft and Yummy. Everything's better with lemon! From the Idiot's Guide to the Mediterranean Diet.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter in a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, ricotta, vanilla, egg, and lemon juice and zest. Mix on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and fold gently until just combined.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or use paper muffin pan liners. Divide batter to make 12 muffins, about 1/4 cup batter each.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired. (After cooling).