Recipe by mickeydownunder
Saw this today, thought was interesting, TRUE! Added this to list "To Do" Lemon...ricotta...delicious too, HOPE you will be first to review!
Top Review by LuuvBunny
I just had to put another review in on these excellent muffins!Actually I decided to add a few more ingredients and it made these already great muffins even better.I added 1/3 cup toasted coconut,1/3 cup toasted almonds,1/4 cup milk and 1 cup of blueberries.I omitted the almonds from the top and put them into the batter instead.I added the milk to reduce the thickness of the batter a little.I guess I could have submitted this recipe as an awesome blueberry muffin but it's basically the same recipe with a few additions.If you have not tried these I highly recommend it! I just made these muffins yet again and went exactly by the recipe without adding anything.I added the milk in the previous batch because the batter was quite dry and I thought it would turn into a dry muffin.I was WRONG!!I'd like to try making these into squares,with a little icing sugar,water and almond extract mixture drizzled over it as a glaze.That would be awesome!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
- WHISK flour,baking powder, baking soda, salt in bowl.
- BEAT in 1 cup sugar, butter lemon zest in until light and fluffy.
- BEAT in ricotta.
- BEAT in egg, lemon juice and almond extract.
- Divide batter into lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and extra sugar over all muffins.
- Bake about 15 - 20 minutes util lightly golden brown.