Comes from Giada De Laurentiis. Had some ricotta cheese that I defrosted and never used so I looked for a dessert recipe and found this one. There were about 6 other recipes posted here but I wasn't sure about them because the ingredients list were different for each and I had never made this type of cookie before. They are very cakey cookies and the lemon glaze is very good. The cookies themselves also have a nice subtle lemon flavor. My family liked them alot hope you do too.
- preheat oven to 375.
- beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs 1 at a time until encorporated, then add ricotta, lemon juice and zest until well blended.
- stir in dry ingredients.
- place parchment paper on cookie sheet and drop dough (I made heaping teaspoon sized ccokies, the original recipe called for 2 tablespoon sized but I think that is way to large) onto sheet. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- let cookies cool for at least 15 minutes before spreading glaze on top.
- for glaze: combine lemon juice, zest, and powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon full onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden about two hours before storing in an airtight container.
- *** I ran out of glaze the first time I made these and it has a strong lemon flavor so use sparingly. The cooked cookies (before they're glazed) freeze well. If your ricotta cheese is very watery you may need to add an additional 1/4 cup of flour.