Recipe by KittyKitty
This is so moist, and delicious, it is simple, and refreshing.Very different from traditional cheesecake.Traditionally from Sardinia.
Top Review by fvirgili
Tried to make this lemon ricotta cake did not like the way it mixed. There was no moist batter. Added some milk that did not help. The batter was so dry I could not fold in the egg whites. I cooked it any way in my oven to see if baking would make it better. Was a big disappointment? Was something lift out of this recipe.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch round cake or springform pan. Line the bottom with waxed paper. Grease paper. Dust with flour. Set aside. Preheat oven t 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in ricotta.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and lemon rind and juice. Sift baking powder into remaining flour and beat into the batter until just blended.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. fold them carefully into the batter.
- transfer the mixture to prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tester inserted in center, comed out clean. let cake cool an pan 10 minutes,turn out onto a rack to cool. Dust the cake generously with confectioners sugar before serving.