Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are available for breakfast at the Nutmeg Inn, Wilmington, Vermont - or even at your very own kitchen breakfast table! Top them with real Vermont maple syrup for a truly amazing breakfast treat.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, butter, vanilla, milk, egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon zest until completely homogenized.
- Sift flour and baking powder on top and blend completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into batter the batter should be just thin enough to pour- if too thick, add more milk.
- Pour by ¼ cups onto prepared 375 degree griddle and cook 2-3 minutes on first side, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes more, or to your liking.
This recipe was easy to throw together and very yummy. I like cooking off the beaten path and this was right up my alley.
These tasted very good but the texture seemed custardy...the middles never seemed to get done.
OMG!!! These are so light and fluffy with a lovely lemon undertone. I made "Recipe #180628" and used 2% milk in the pancake recipe. The balance of flavours is spot on! We had a few pancakes left over and they are wonderful cold with a light sprinkling of sugar. I already have the whole milk for the ricotta on my shopping list again...just for these pancakes. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. BTW...I am NOT a pancake lover...but these....oh my!