Recipe by What's Cooking?
This is a beautifully rich gluten-free cake that unlike many GF cakes will stay moist for days. It's based on a cake from the blog Lucullian Delights. The delicate tastes of almond and lemon compliment each other in a really wonderful way. This would taste great with fresh fruit. I prefer the Almond Meal/Flour from Bob's Red Mill, which can be bought at most health food stores or online. Make sure the gluten-free flour mix you use contains xanthan or guar gum! Pamela's works best.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal or 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs and sugar. Add almond meal and butter, and stir well.
- Pulse ricotta in blender or mash by hand, and then add to batter. Stir thoroughly to combine before folding in Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix. Lastly, add the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract and mix the batter to blend.
- Grease 8" round cake pan. Pour batter into the cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm. Dust with powdered sugar and/or garnish with fruit.