1/1 Photo of Lemon Ricotta-Almond Cake ( Gluten-Free )
What's Cooking?'s Note:
This is a beautifully rich gluten-free cake that unlike many GF cakes will stay moist for days. It's based on a cake from the blog Lucullian Delights. The delicate tastes of almond and lemon compliment each other in a really wonderful way. This would taste great with fresh fruit. I prefer the Almond Meal/Flour from Bob's Red Mill, which can be bought at most health food stores or online. Make sure the gluten-free flour mix you use contains xanthan or guar gum! Pamela's works best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Whisk eggs and sugar. Add almond meal and butter, and stir well.
- 3Pulse ricotta in blender or mash by hand, and then add to batter. Stir thoroughly to combine before folding in Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix. Lastly, add the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract and mix the batter to blend.
- 4Grease 8" round cake pan. Pour batter into the cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm. Dust with powdered sugar and/or garnish with fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ricotta-Almond Cake ( Gluten-Free )
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix