Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a beautifully rich gluten-free cake that unlike many GF cakes will stay moist for days. It's based on a cake from the blog Lucullian Delights. The delicate tastes of almond and lemon compliment each other in a really wonderful way. This would taste great with fresh fruit. I prefer the Almond Meal/Flour from Bob's Red Mill, which can be bought at most health food stores or online. Make sure the gluten-free flour mix you use contains xanthan or guar gum! Pamela's works best.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs and sugar. Add almond meal and butter, and stir well.
- Pulse ricotta in blender or mash by hand, and then add to batter. Stir thoroughly to combine before folding in Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix. Lastly, add the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract and mix the batter to blend.
- Grease 8" round cake pan. Pour batter into the cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm. Dust with powdered sugar and/or garnish with fruit.
Moist, delicious and just perfect!
Omg omg..it was sooooooo good! I followed the recipe exactly as posted! It was moist and yummy. It tasted like those lemon bars but in a sponge cake form. Perfect for my gluten intolerant husband! This recipe looks pretty versatile so I will be trying to make a key lime and pistachio version....Yay I am soo happy to have a yummy recipe to play around with! Thanks!
I never cook and attempted this recipe all by myself for office party treats. We had a gorgeous carrot cake, almond cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and a decadence cake (all by proficient bakers) but my little lemon ricotta was the star of the show. Super easy and super delicious.