Recipe by Oolala
Delicious side dish with fish from a local church cookbook. I used 1 good shake of dried parsley since my kids don't like the flecks. Tastes great!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
We enjoyed this rice dish. I didn't particularly care for the paprika sprinkled on top, but everything else worked quite well in this dish. The green onions in particular added a fresh taste to the rice dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Ooolala.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, slightly crushed
- 1 cup long grain rice, not instant
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or dill)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1 " pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth, salt, and garlic in a heavy saucepan to boiling.
- Stir in rice, cover, and simmer until liquid is gone; about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the zest of one whole lemon and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in butter and parsley (or dill).
- Season with pepper to taste and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle scallions over top of rice and sprinkle with paprika if desired.