Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious side dish with fish from a local church cookbook. I used 1 good shake of dried parsley since my kids don't like the flecks. Tastes great!
- Heat broth, salt, and garlic in a heavy saucepan to boiling.
- Stir in rice, cover, and simmer until liquid is gone; about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the zest of one whole lemon and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in butter and parsley (or dill).
- Season with pepper to taste and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle scallions over top of rice and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
We enjoyed this rice dish. I didn't particularly care for the paprika sprinkled on top, but everything else worked quite well in this dish. The green onions in particular added a fresh taste to the rice dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Ooolala.
I made this last night for PAC Fall 2006 to go with my apricot chicken. It is easy and yummy! I skipped a step and used a long grain and wild rice blend (plain) that I already had made. It went together in no time! Thanks for sharing.