Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Bon Appetit-very nice side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- Bring chicken stock and lemon juice to simmer in saucepan.
- In skillet add oil, heat, add garlic and cook until softened.
- Add rice, stir.
- Add stock, salt & pepper and bring to boil.
- Lower and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in herbs, lemon zest and additional salt & pepper.
Chia, this rice is sooooo good, loved the flavors of the herbs and lemon zest. Adding to our delicious recipes.
Another excellent rice dish that paired very well with salmon & broccoli! I followed the instructions exactly - other than scaling for 2 people & it was ready in 15 minutes. Thanx Chia!
This was excellent! I made this as a sidedish for a vip dinner of leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, balsamic green beans (#60855), Mediterranean vegetables(#24235), and cheese bread(#58496) and plain white rice for my son. Thank you Chia for 2 of these recipes for a most impressive dinner!