Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 414.03 ml water
- 295.73 ml jasmine rice, rinsed well,drained or 295.73 ml long-grain white rice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml shelled fresh peas or 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml grated lemon, rind of
- Combine 1 3/4 cups water, rice, and salt in large saucepan.
- Cook until just cooked-- do not overcook.
- Fluff with fork.
- Cook peas in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons green onions; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add rice and sauté until heated through, stirring to break pieces, about 4 minutes.
- Add peas, lemon juice, parsley, and lemon peel.
- Sauté 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve immediately.
This was a part of our lunch today and was loved by everyone at home. I used long-grain rice to make this. Thank U for the recipe, it is perfect!
This was just fabulous! I made it with Chicken Scaloppine with Lemoncello Sauce #250814. This was perfect, I did change how you made it as it seemed like alot of work...I just fried up the peas and onions in the olive oil, thru everything else in and put a lid on it...turned out perfect...I did add a little more water to it....great recipe!