Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well,drained or 1 1⁄4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shelled fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- Combine 1 3/4 cups water, rice, and salt in large saucepan.
- Cook until just cooked-- do not overcook.
- Fluff with fork.
- Cook peas in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons green onions; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add rice and sauté until heated through, stirring to break pieces, about 4 minutes.
- Add peas, lemon juice, parsley, and lemon peel.
- Sauté 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve immediately.
This was a part of our lunch today and was loved by everyone at home. I used long-grain rice to make this. Thank U for the recipe, it is perfect!
This was just fabulous! I made it with Chicken Scaloppine with Lemoncello Sauce #250814. This was perfect, I did change how you made it as it seemed like alot of work...I just fried up the peas and onions in the olive oil, thru everything else in and put a lid on it...turned out perfect...I did add a little more water to it....great recipe!
Great recipe. Very easy! I made a few small changes though. I only used 2 green onions as 6 seemed excessive. I added a Tablespoon of minced garlic when sauteeing the onions, and I used brown rice instead of jasmine. The kids absolutely raved about it! I am allergic to onions, so I didn't try it myself, but it smelled very good.